Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake
Tomorrow is Food Comas’ birthday! In honor of our 2nd year of fun food recipes and dining reviews, I decided to bake this awesome cake that involves some of my favorite ingredients: vanilla, sugar and nutella! My roommate and I have two big jars of nutella just sitting there waiting to be eaten, so I found this cool recipe from Sugar Crafter and decided to give it a try. I liked that it uses plain greek yogurt, which helps to add moisture and flavor to the cake.
My cake seemed to turn out a bit doughy — I think I might have needed to add a bit more yogurt or less flour. I also cut down 1/2 cup of the sugar and 1/2 of the nutella asked for; the taste was fine but I found myself wanting more of that nutty flavor from the nutella. For next time — less flour, more nutella!!
Many thanks to my friend Amber who helped take most of these pictures while I made the cake!
Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake (adapted from Sugar Crafter)
Yields: 10-12 servings
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 12 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10×4″ bundt pan. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Add in the vanilla and eggs, beating for about two minutes.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternately with the yogurt until well-blended.
5. Layer 1/3 of the batter in the pan, and then drizzle 1/3 of the nutella on top. You can put the nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds so that it was easier to drizzle. Swirl with a knife. Repeat two more times.
6. Bake 30-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let cool before removing from the pan.
7. Eat and enjoy!