What’s better than a warm and chewy snickerdoodle? Answer: Snickerdoodle with gooey cream cheese frosting in inside!
These cookies look just like regular snickerdoodles, but come with a yummy surprise in the middle. I found this recipe from Cookies and Cups and I loved the way they turned out. I made these cookies for a Christmas Cookie exchange party I went to last weekend and they were so good that I am making another batch to bring to work to share! There’s just a few extra steps to make these than a regular snickerdoodle recipe, but it’s totally worth it. =) Also, during the holidays, the key is efficiency (Especially with those long lines at the store right now). To save time, I made the cookie dough balls ahead of time and put them in the freezer it until I’m ready to bake.
Cream Cheese Filled Snickerdoodles
Makes approx 24 cookies Adapted from
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup room temp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
2. Cover the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Cream butter and 1 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy.
5. Add eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix until combined.
12. When the dough is chilled bake on a parchment lined baking sheet 2″ apart for 8 minutes.
13. Transfer to wire rack to cool.